Saturday, May 23, 2009

Well, I finished up the week, and my mom and I have been bouncing around a fair amount these last couple of days (for us, anyway.) Yesterday I left work early - I was supposed to be working from 8:30-4, but I was feeling really queasy and achy and generally weird, so I left at noon instead - and went home and slept till 4. We went to go and get a mattress, which took far longer and ended up being far more complicated than it needed to be. Today I got a haircut (thrilling, I know.) Nothing dramatic - I'm still trying to grow it out, but it had reached an awkward mullet-y length that needed to be remedied IMMEDIATELY. I never should have cut it so damned short in the first place, but it was a spur-of-the-moment thing - much like the red hair last year, although that worked out much better.

I also discovered, when trying on a fabulous retro yellow dress with black polka dots in this bizarre middle-of-nowhere vintage-y boutique run by a straight, heavily pierced & tattooed guy with a PASSION FOR FASHION, that I have an awkwardly long waist. I knew it before, but it continues to be an annoyance. I'm not a particularly tall person, just very long-limbed.

Yeah, I know all of this is terribly exciting. So I'm going to put up some pictures of pretty ladies, because that's how I roll.

Natalie Portman, a perennial favorite:



Natalia Vodianova. I once read someone describe her as "poetry in pictures":



Lauren Bacall, back in the day:



Linda Evangelista, who I believe is in the dictionary under "fierce," no?



Promoting unreasonable standards of beauty? Sure, why not!

Nonetheless, it's fun and I just love looking at pretty. Pretty people, pretty clothes, pretty anything. I'm feeling particularly shallow today, I think. Maybe I'll do an entry with mens next time, although I find women more aesthetically interesting.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the pretty... I spent a good hour or two this morning scrolling and scrolling through the backlog of my design*sponge RSS feed. So much pretties. It makes me wish I had a second apartment so I could just decorate it. We're too busy living in this one. :-)

    I don't know Natalia Vodianova but my first thought upon seeing her was that she has the look of an Audrey Kawasaki painting. (An effect only enhanced by Hello Kitty peeking out of the O.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an episode of Sex and the City where Carrie says, "When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I used to buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more."

    I feel like that myself, sometimes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear cassie
    you should know that i regularly read your blog
    and am just a stalker about it
    also I miss you

    ReplyDelete